Saturday, September 20, 2008

And How May I Help You Today?

Lately it seems I've been getting these types of calls:

User> Hello? I need help with my email. It doesn't appear to be working right.
GTG> No problem. Can you be more specific about how it is not working?
User> Yeah. Well. Whenever I send an email the recipient never receives it.
GTG> Hmm. Would you send me an email?
User> I'll try.

A simple test email arrives.
GTG> I received it, so it appears your email is working fine.
User> I guess so. But it hasn't been working for so long...
GTG> How long have you had this problem?
User> At least the last three months.
GTG> You think you haven't been able to send emails for the last three months?
User> Yeah. It's gotten so bad, I stopped trying.
GTG> So you haven't even tried to send an email in the last three months.
User> Yeah. I mean, there is really no point. No one ever receives them.
GTG> You do realize that if you don't send a message via email, no one will ever receive it?
User> Huh?


Yeah. Sometimes it can be hard to wrap your head around that kind of logic.

No comments:

Here's your sign...