Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Printer Troubles

So after that last email, I was pretty grumpy. Well this isn't Fluffy Bunny Tech Support, so what do you expect?

Moments ago I received this gem via email:

I accidentally turned off my printer while trying to fix a paper jam and when I try to print any information, it acts as though the printer is no longer there. It is not printing at my desk.

Let's use a radical new method to solve this user's problem. This only works when everything we need for a solution is buried in the message itself.

Step 1) Look at that third word "turned" for a minute. That's a past tense, so first we'll get the root verb and hang on to that. TURN
Step 2) We know the device that is causing the problem is a printer, so we'll use that as well. PRINTER
Step 3) Since the device "acts" as if it is "no longer there" we'll use that. NO LONGER THERE
Step 4) That last part is a little long. How about we just use the first word of that? NO
Step 5) Put it all together: TURN PRINTER NO
Step 6) "Turn printer no"? That doesn't make any sense. WAIT! It's an anagram! TURN PRINTER ON! That must be the answer!

No comments:

Here's your sign...